General Election Information
2018 General Election
Key 2018 Local Government Election Dates
2018 General Local Elections Timeline
General Local Election Calendar
- ELECTION PERIOD: Monday, January 1, 2018 – Friday, September 21, 2018. The period that begins on January 1 and ends on the 29th day before General Voting Day for general local elections.
- NOMINATION PERIOD: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 9:00 A.M. – Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. The nomination period is the only time during which the local Chief Election Officer is permitted to accept nomination documents from nominees for office.
- DECLARATION OF CANDIDATES: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. Following the end of nomination period all nominees are declared candidates. If there are fewer candidates than positions to be elected, the nomination period is extended to September 17 at 4:00 p.m. local time, at which time all subsequent nominees are also declared candidates. Notice of the extension of nominations must be published if reasonably possible.
- CAMPAIGN PERIOD: Saturday, September 22, 2018 – Saturday, October 20, 2018. The period that begins on the 28th day before General Voting Day and ends at the close of voting on General Voting Day.
- DECLARATION OF ELECTION BY VOTING OR ACCLAMATION: Monday, September 24, 2018.
- ALL CANDIDATES FORUM: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 *This event is being organized by the District of Houston Chamber of Commerce - contact: Houston & District Chamber of Commerce P: 250-845-7640 E:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- ADVANCED VOTING OPPORTUNITY: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. at the District of Houston Municipal Office – 3367 12 Street
- GENERAL VOTING DAY: Saturday, October 20, 2018 from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. at the Houston Community Hall – 2302 Butler Ave
- LAST DAY FOR DECLARATION OF OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS: Deadline to declare official election results is 4:00 p.m. local time. The local chief election officer may make the declaration of official election results at any time in the period between the close of general voting (October 20) and this time and date.
- CAMPAIGN FINANCING DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FILING DEADLINE: Friday, January 18, 2019
- CAMPAIGN FINANCING DISCLOSURE STATEMENT LATE FILING DEADLINE with $500.00 FILING FEE: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Jessica Bagnall, Corporate Officer/Chief Elections Officer
PO Box 370 | Houston, BC | V0J 1Z0
3400 14th Street