Staff Responsible for Department
Director of Finance
The Director, Financial Services holds the statutory responsibility of serving as the Financial Officer as specified in the Community Charter.
This position is assigned the responsibility of financial administration for the District, which includes the following powers, duties and functions: receiving all money paid to the municipality;
- ensuring the keeping of all funds and securities of the municipality;
- investing municipal funds, until required, in authorized investments;
- expending municipal money in the manner authorized by the council;
- ensuring that accurate records and full accounts of the financial affairs of the municipality are prepared, maintained and kept safe;
- exercising control and supervision over all other financial affairs of the municipality
The current Director of Finance is Jim Leschuk, CMA, CPA.