Why Invest In Houston
Why Invest in Houston?
Considering relocating your business, investing in a thriving economy, or establishing a new enterprise? Look no further than the District of Houston as an ideal location!
The District of Houston is optimally located midway between Prince George and Prince Rupert and offers the following business strengths and advantages:
- Proximity to Highway 16 provides an excellent truck transportation infrastructure for the movement of business supplies and products both east and west.
- Proximity to the CN Rail mainline provides a strong transportation link to:
- western coastal ports, which in turn offer a significant shipping advantage to Asian markets from North America,eastern Canadian and US markets.
- At a local level, well established all weather road networks radiating north and south from Houston, accessing forest and mining resource areas.
- A skilled, diverse, and entrepreneurial workforce supportive of new business opportunities and expansion is already present in the community.
- Extremely reasonable business infrastructure and residential housing costs provide an operating cost advantage to prospective entrepreneurs.
- Ample three phase electrical, heat, and water supply exists for industrial development.
Existing business community:
- A strong heavy industrial service sector, with the expertise to assist new business needs is already available.
- Houston’s central location within the northern provincial resource exploration areas provides excellent access to a wide variety of prospective development areas.